Monday, January 27, 2014

Bits & Pieces

Like most of the nation we have been having snow and cold. The extreme cold keeps inside and when I spend most of my time indoors I feel the need to fluff the nest a little bit. I used the frames of two pictures on the side of the frig to make the paper clutter look a little neater. I felt it needed a little pop I so I added some leftover wallpaper.
 
 
I am pleased with the change.
 
It was warmer Sunday which made it nice to venture out to church and then to celebrate Chinese New Year with friends.
 
 
Megan is showing a real interest in cooking.  I have started to let her use the stovetop some.  On Saturday she sautéed some tomatoes to add to her pasta.
 
 
There have been some amazing sunrises and sets.  I never get tired of the beauty.
 
 
Megan reads for fifteen minutes before it is lights out.  Her choice of reading, the dictionary, made me smile.

It is Monday which means laundry day around here.  I have high hopes of getting it all done including the ironing. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

6 comments:

LynnMarie said...

Her book of choice made me small. How cute. Love the wall paper in the frames. I love to craft on cold winter days. It's cold here in NH as well. I so need spring to show up this year.

Holly said...

Love your frames. What a great idea. I bet you have one smart little girl. Have a great day!

donna www.merryheartcrafts.com said...

I love sunrises and sunsets! Thanks for sharing yours. I thought my Grace was the only one who liked to read a dictionary! Enjoy your day and God bless.

Jennifer Hoots said...

Wendi, thanks for leaving a comment at my blog. Turns out I live in central Indiana,too! This weather is wearisome, and I was never more glad when we could drive to church on dry pavement Sunday. I was glad they were wrong about the snow, too, for once. Your frames look very nice. And it is nice to have a daughter who likes to cook!

Mrs. C (Paula) said...

Wonderful pics, Wendi! My Curly Girl loves to read the dictionary, too. ;)

Katie said...

Love your frames, Wendi! Megan has grown so much. =) Just hopping over to send you some warm winter wishes!

Blessings,
Katie