Tuesday, January 28, 2014

When Temperatures Fall....

Fill the cookie jar.
 
 
Watch a heartwarming show. 
 
 
My new favorite that airs Sunday at 9pm on The Hallmark Channel.
 
Do a little housework.
 
 
Curl up with a good book under a warm blanket. 
 
 
I received an electric throw for Christmas.  Oh my!  This has been a great winter for it.  I keep wondering why it took so long for me get one. 
 
Make a warm dinner of burritos for your family.
 
 
 Light a wonderful smelling candle.
 
 
Enjoy some hot chocolate.
 
 
 Think warm thoughts!
 
 
 The most important things is to be grateful.... grateful that sun was shining, for a snug home, for heat and warm blankets and most of all a family to share it with.
 
It is being reported that the temperature is suppose to be -15 with a -35 wind chills this morning.  I haven't looked to see the temperature yet.  Regardless of the temperature I do know that it is cold as it is a little chilly in my home this morning.  Megan's school is cancelled and I plan to enjoy the same kind of day. 
 
May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

6 comments:

LynnMarie said...

I got an electric throw a few years back and I LOVE mine. Great to curl up with while watching TV, reading or cuddling. Stay warm - I saw in the news just how terrible it is out your way and that some people are rnning out of home heeting fuel.

Mrs. C (Paula) said...

I wish I had one of those cookies and a cup of that cocoa! Stay warm!

Laura Lane said...

I was about to ask to come for a visit, then you mentioned just how cold it is there.
No thank you!
10 is low enough for me.
I'll stay home and sew.

Blessings,
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

donna www.merryheartcrafts.com said...

Wow, you all are cold! We are cold here too but not as much as you. I really like the idea of an electric throw. I might have to check them out. Stay warm and God bless.

Kath said...

I love these cozy ideas so much.
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings :-)

Farmchick said...

Loved this post..everything looks so good!