Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Little Love

I added just enough decor for Valentine's Day to give my home a little color on the gray days on winter.


Thursday afternoon I made some treats for lunch boxes.  I told Chuck it must be true love since I don't care for making these.  Something about mixing that sticky mess that I don't enjoy.


While brushing her teeth Megan left some love notes for us.  Sweet! :)



It started snowing about lunch time on Valentine's Day.  It was so beautiful.


Spending a fortune on dinner, jewelry and such just isn't us.  I spent the afternoon in the kitchen.



Cookies for the neighbor lady, my parents, to send home with the boys I watch and then some for my family.   I also made the table festive for a dinner of salad, lasagna and bread.  


Chuck and I exchanged cards and then we gave Megan a small gift.  A small container of candy, a stuffed animal and then a homemade coupon book.


Filled with five things that make her smile.


Although I try to show my family how much I love them everyday it was fun to go the extra mile to shower them with love!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

What a sweet post! I don't need fancy meals out or fancy jewelry either.
Megan looks so happy too, it is quite obvious she is happy with what you did.

Susan in SC said...

So sweet! I love all the things you did since we do the same. No expensive gifts or eating out. Just time at home with each other! Our boys came to us from Russia so I can well appreciate the foreign adoption process! Megan is a doll!!

*carrie* said...

Such a nice celebration, Wendi. Your decorations are so cute, and the picture of the barn with snow is beautiful!

I made your overnight biscuits and baked them this morning--thanks for the recipe!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I just discovered your blog tonight. That sounds very much like how we like to celebrate Valentine's day. Your decorations are pretty. Megan looks excited about her Valentine gifts.

I just signed on as your newest follower with Google Friend Connect.

donna www.merryheartcrafts.com said...

Sounds like a great Valentines Day to me. I like keeping things simple. Enjoy your day and God bless.