Monday, February 17, 2014

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

Although winter is still making its presence known I am thankful for the sunshine.  Something about the sunshine that lifts my spirits.


Activities to keep little boys busy is a must.


The kitchen is always a busy place.



We have been enjoying the Olympics.


They have inspired a little learning.


Megan still desires to help in the kitchen.  She watched me mix meatballs and then rolled them for me.


I am trying to find joy in the beauty of the falling snow.  That keeps falling and falling and you get the picture. :)


Let's just say that I am ready to find the joy in the ordinary days of spring!

Find happiness in the ordinary; it makes for a pleasant life and a serene heart. ~ Granny Willodene

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

That is a lot of snow! Our snow is gone and I am happy about it. I don't mind staying home but I worry about my family out on the roads as they go to work.

Hope you all get a break in the weather soon!

Teresa @ Simply Farmhouse said...

I love the reminder of finding JOY in everything around us...have a warm day.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Our snow is almost gone and, for a change, there has been sunshine all day today. It's windy out, but feels so refreshing that it is not a muscle tightening, freezing gale. Snowbirds are bathing in puddles left from the snow. It is starting to feel a little like Spring today, finally.

Christine said...

Glad I found your blog as it's heartwarming!
Christine

Teresa @ Simply Farmhouse said...

I just love your blog it is so inspiring...have a wonderful day.