Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Home Sweet Home

After a week that took this homebody away from home far too often it has been nice to be home sweet home! After a week of cooler weather the heat and humidity has set in. That makes a load of laundry dry in no time.

Spending more time had home has allowed me to do a little bit of organizing.  The mess in this drawer was driving me crazy! 


I ran across this box and an idea was born.  (I love to organize with cardboard since the price fits my budget well!  You know... free.)


I had to cut it down to fit the width of the drawer and then wrapped it in some paper from the dollar store. 


So much better!  Now my things aren't sliding around every time I open and close the drawer.  


Some time was spent in the kitchen working on some things for the freezer.  


After a morning of cooking the kitchen needed a little bit of attention. 


A clean, tidy kitchen always makes me smile. :)


I have also been out in the yard.  For some reason we are having tons of branches fall this year.


The band struck up a tune.


Just for a few minutes before I suggested (or maybe just told them!) to make it a marching band in the back yard.


It feels good to have time to make lunch.  VBS lasted until noon so lunches last week were quick and not very healthy.


Another project is off of the list.  The final coat of paint was put on the wishing well flower container.


I love being home and am enjoying home sweet home!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!





6 comments:

Teresa @ Simply Farmhouse said...

Nothing like staying home..I loved this post, thank you for sharing.

Mrs. C (Paula) said...

Enjoyed the photos from your week. I, too, am thankful for those days when I can stay home and "putter".

Katie said...

I agree...home is such a blessing! {Hence the blog title, right?} Love the shot of your kitchen - the white cupboards....such a welcoming, sunshiny place. Blessings to you and your family the rest of the summer, Wendi~
Katie

Sandra said...

I love being home and homemaking, it really is where I feel most comfortable :)

Love your kitchen, it is so big and airy ;)

donna www.merryheartfarm.wordpress.com said...

It is so good to be at home. I feel like I am exactly where God wants me to be when I busy in my home. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Enjoy your day and God bless.

Amy said...

I love to be home sweet home too. Don't get me wrong, I do like an adventure every now and again, but I love the coziness and all things accomplished here at home a little more. :)

Sounds like you had a wonderful day to get everything caught back up... What a great feeling that is!

Have a wonderful week, Wendi!

Blessings,
Amy