Monday, July 28, 2014

On My Mind

The end of last week our phone and internet went down. It wasn't until Sunday that it was up and running. It put a little crimp in our plan for Sunday School as I use it to find craft ideas. It was nice that there wasn't that distraction to jump on for *just a minute.*

Decluttering.  I started in Megan's room and then went on to the office/craft/catch all room.  I am ashamed to say that I took two load to Goodwill.  I went through Megan's room twice.  After the first go through I spoke with Megan about stuff and how too much of it becomes clutter and make it hard to keep things tidy and that if her room was stuffed she wouldn't be able to bring in anything else.  I was proud of her for going through her room again and letting go of things.  Now I am motivated to get the entire house lighted up!


Mending. I have an overflowing basket and I am working my way through it.


School. We were very close to homeschooling this year.  In the end we sending Megan back to the private Christian school she has been at since preschool.  School starts on Thursday.  It was not an easy decision and we will need to prayerfully start considering the choice for next year. 


Grocery shopping.  I have gotten out of the habit of my monthly grocery shopping.  I need to not only get back to that to get the budget lower but also need to build up my stockpile. 


Projects.  I have some large projects that need completed.  The fence needs to be stained and the back porch needs painted before the new roof is installed.  The temperatures have been great for doing this but unfortunately we can't get a forecast without rain 24 hours before we can paint (so the wood is dry) and 24-48 hours after (so the paint can dry.)  


I am ready to get busy and get some things accomplished!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!





4 comments:

Rhonda said...

I am right with you on wanting to get things done.
School starts here in about weeks so i will be back to doing grand daycare then. So I need to get busy now!

About homeschooling, we homeschooled 3 of our children for 2 years and we all agree it was one of the best things we ever did. We did it on a very shoestring budget too.

Holly said...

I am so ready to clean out and declutter too! I am trying to wait to see what happens with the house. If we move, it will be a perfect opportunity to get that done. We are homeschooling this year part time. Darbee will be at a private school two days per week and we will homeschool three days. I am
thrilled! I hope she has a great school year.

Teresa @ Simply Farmhouse said...

Good for you...I carry off somethings today. I am sure there is more lurking some where that needs to be tossed. I am trying to get things done around here before we get back to homeschooling also..

Mrs. C (Paula) said...

Technology is a real blessing, but it can totally keep me from focusing on home tasks. Glad you were able to accomplish so much. I can't believe school is starting back for you already. I have two and a half more weeks before mine head back.