Monday, August 11, 2014

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

The only tomatoes we are getting this year as the squirrels have eaten all the large ones.  Thankfully my parents are getting plenty of tomatoes. 



We stopped at this roadside stand for corn.  There wasn't much corn left in the bin and this little old cute farmer came out to tell us not worry about taking all the corn as he had five more acres. :)


It has been a strange gardening season as the temperatures have been cool.  This is all that is left in my garden.  They are in abundance and I ended up giving away 10 gallons over the weekend.  


My sweet girl is always ready to pitch in and help out. 


Chuck cut down a dying tree this weekend. 


I love homework that requires the use of the Bible!


I lived in North Carolina in my early twenties.  These are my favorite chips and they aren't sold in Indiana.  I smuggled a bag back from our vacation and have been enjoying that last of my guilty pleasure.  


Find happiness in the ordinary; it makes for a pleasant life and a serene heart. ~ Granny Willodene

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I bring back Kitchen Cooked potato chips when I go back to Iowa to visit family. If I am there when the tomatoes are ripe, I bring those back to Texas too. There is nothing like a wonderful Midwest tomato!

Teresa @ Simply Farmhouse said...

Beautiful red tomatoes. Wendi we are having the same weather here. Cool, cloudy and rainy. Every one hear says that is the making of a bad winter.
Waiting for my garden to come in...I hope it does at least.