Wednesday, August 06, 2014

My Tuesday

The new school year has brought some changes to my routine. Abe and Eli (the boys I watch) are now attending school. Abe is in full day kindergarten and Eli attends preschool two mornings. All of the kids are at the same school which is nice. The two days that Eli is in school I end up going to school three times in one day. Whew! That gives me two morning free.  After eight years of always having a little one by my side it feels strange.  The good thing is that I have three uninterrupted hours to get things done.


Tuesday morning I was marking things off the list right and left.  It felt so good.  I did a quick tidy of the kitchen and then started on a meal that I was taking to friends that evening.  I made the same thing for our dinner and had everything ready to go in the oven or be taken out the frig by 10 am.  Nice!


I wrapped some pork chops that were on managers special.  I had just enough freezer paper for these.  


I have been trying hard to keep up on the laundry and only needed to do one load today to catch it up.  I had a little ironing to do and I tackled that while Eli took a short nap.  


The bulk of my free time was spent painting.  It makes me happy to see my stack of primed boards growing!


As much as I miss the chatter and busyness little ones bring it is nice to get things accomplished.  I am looking forward to some productive Tuesday and Thursday mornings. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!


4 comments:

Sandra said...

I remember the first time that I was home alone with both kids at school, it was the strangest feeling on earth. I actually was bored and didn't know what to do with myself and then I missed them terribly too. But, I quickly realized just how much I could get done and that was such a good feeling.

Even though mine are now 11 and 15, they are homeschooled so they are home with me every day, but they're at the age where they keep themselves busy so it's really like they are at school LOL

Rhonda said...

You are doing good!
My school year will be similar to yours. I will pick up one grandson at preschool 2 days a week and have him another full day. Another grandson I will have one full day and also pick up his brother at school that day, a 15 mile drive though.
So I should have 1 full day and 2 mornings a week free, whatever will I do with all that free time, ha!

Hope your 3 little scholars have a great school year

Rhonda said...

You are doing good!
My school year will be similar to yours. I will pick up one grandson at preschool 2 days a week and have him another full day. Another grandson I will have one full day and also pick up his brother at school that day, a 15 mile drive though.
So I should have 1 full day and 2 mornings a week free, whatever will I do with all that free time, ha!

Hope your 3 little scholars have a great school year

The Hillebrands said...

So thankful for your friendship and willingness to serve us this week. Your meal was a lifesaver!!